Day 1. Nairobi/Mt Kenya
On this morning you start your 6 Days Chogoria Route Down Naromoru route. You depart Nairobi in the morning arriving Naromoru in time for lunch. After lunch you proceed to Mt Kenya Youth Hostel for dinner and overnight.
Day 2. Met Station
After breakfast, proceed to Naromoru Park Gate and start hiking to Met Station (3300m). The hiking takes about 3 hrs. Dinner and overnight.
Day 3. Mackinders Camp
Depart Met Station after breakfast and proceed to Teleki Valley arriving Mackinders Camp (4300m) early evening. Picnic lunch enroute. Dinner and overnight.
Day 4. Austrian Camp
Depart after breakfast commence ascending along a steep screw to Austrian Hut (4700m). Covering this distance takes about 3 hrs. Dinner and overnight.
Day 5. Point Lenana-Chogoria
Departing at 5:30 am, proceed through Lewis Glacier to Point Lenana (4985m) arriving approx. 6:30 am in the morning. After the sunrise, descend down to Mintos Hut for full breakfast. Later descend along the famous Gorges Valley to Chogoria campsite. Dinner and overnight.
Day 6. Chogoria- Nairobi
After breakfast, set on morning journey to Chogoria (32km). Walk for 15 km to be met by a 4WD vehicle for the rest of the journey to Chogoria from where transport is provided back to Nairobi, arriving late afternoon. End of your 6 Days Chogoria Route Down Naromoru route with Safaribook Evolution.
- 5 nights accommodations(Camping Gear) including
- Ground transportation to and from Arusha and the gate
- Tour guide service (English speaking guide available) during your 6 Days Chogoria Route Down Naromoru route
- All taxes/VATMeals as indicated in the itinerary
- Prices do not include air travel, country entry or departure fees, airport porter fees, visas, phones, valet, all items of a personal nature and beverages and food unless otherwise stated.
- Tips to the Tour Guide and Porters
- Mountain Climbing Gear
- Travel Insurance
- Other personal items